Thursday, July 22, 2010

ENTRY F


Design Portfolio

I selected my wedding ring.

  1. When I look at my wedding ring I obviously think of my wife first. I recall specifically the events leading up to our wedding more than the wedding itself. I think of how young that Sara and I were. I must say that I use this object with exceptional skill. I have always been faithful to my wife in actions as well as thoughts. I would imagine that in this day and age this ring was made by a machine rather than hand crafted. Presumably, it was designed by an ergonomic psychologist because it is a comfort fit band.
  2. The ring effects only a few of my senses. I can feel the smooth inner and outer edges. I can see a distorted reflection in the softly scorn surface. I cannot smell my ring, hear it, nor have I ever attempted to taste it.
  3. The connections I have made with my sensory input from the ring are that I can always feel it, and it is always in my sight. Oh, I get it, this is some kind of analogy about my wife and how she is always with me, in person or in spirit.
I have tried other objects to test the emotive avocation against that of my ring and have found that they are left wanting. This book for example just makes me think of classes and learning. Not nearly as fun, though arguably very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment